About Our Handcrafted Furniture
A wide variety of Additional Colors and Custom Fabrics are offered depending on the item. For more information, chat with us online, email or call us, or contact the store nearest you. Please note: Custom orders are not returnable.
Not at this time.
No, we do not.
All quotes and draft orders will be honored for 30 days from date of receipt.
About Our Handcrafted Rugs
We try to use natural, un-dyed materials whenever available. We source the finest materials throughout the world and import them to the countries where our goods are produced.
Our rugs are made over a period of months by skilled artisans, woven almost entirely by hand.
We try to mitigate shedding by using the longest fibers possible, but some initial shedding should be expected, which will subside. Please reference the rug care guide, below, for more information.
We work with GoodWeave, an organization that is dedicated to eliminating child labor, forced labor and bonded labor practices to assure that the goods we make, without questions, will always be produced with socially conscious labor.
Do You Have Swatches
A wide variety of additional Colors and Custom Fabrics are offered depending on the item. For more information, chat with us online, email or call us, or contact the store nearest you. Please note: Custom orders are not returnable or refundable once placed.
Yes, we offer custom frame sizes. Please contact our Los Angeles or New York showrooms for more information.
We do not offer price matching.
All quotes and draft orders will be honored for 30 days from the date of receipt.
Due to the volatile nature of fright costs, shipping quotes are only valid for 30 days.
Yes, we encourage you to order swatches to ensure your items are received with the perfect color in mind. Please be aware that dye lots may vary from 10-15% and textures and colors on your computer monitor may vary slightly from the actual material. If a swatch is available for a particular item, click the “Order Swatch” link next to the “Add to Cart” button to order a fabric, leather, wood, metal, finish, or rug swatch. Once you have reviewed your swatch(es), you have 30 days from the date of receipt to return your swatches for a full refund. Please note the customer is responsible for return shipping.
Furniture Care Recommendations
Wash plastic surfaces with a soft cloth soaked in mild detergent and warm water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth. Do not use solvents or abrasive kitchen cleaners.
Many mild stains can be removed with the use of common household ammonia cleansers. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the galvanized article with freshwater afterwards. Dry thoroughly.
Clean with warm, soapy water. Do not use any harsh abrasives or cleaning solutions. Dry thoroughly.
Do not soak wood pieces in water. Scrub with oil soap and water on a cloth to remove grime build up. Rinse and dry well. Avoid using abrasive soaps, all-purpose household cleaners and mixtures containing boiled linseed oil, turpentine or white vinegars.
How to keep your Wood Furniture in excellent condition:
- Recommended humidity in the room: between 40% and 60%
- Ideal room temperature: 21°c during the day, not below 14°c at night.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions. don’t put your furniture near heating sources or in highly air-conditioned spaces.
- Although the furniture - apart from teak - is given a protective finish during production, it can still be susceptible to stains. we therefore recommend that any spilling is removed immediately to prevent staining.
- When cleaning the surface, always work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Like any natural material, oak will darken or yellow during its lifetime. Furthermore, teak and walnut will fade slightly when directly exposed to uV light (sunlight). therefore it is recommended to shield your furniture from direct sunlight and to move objects placed on the furniture from time to time, to prevent color differences.
- Use placemats to prevent hot pots, pans and cold glasses or bottles from leaving marks on the furniture.
Clean with a slightly damp rag, moistened with warm water and a small amount of mild soap. Using leather specific cleaners and wipes is applicable as well. Make sure to dry off thoroughly with a dry cloth.
Natural characteristics in leather:
- Leather is a natural material. Slight differences in texture, color, or appearance from hide to hide may occur. Leather is particularly subject to variations in color and markings, such as wrinkles, stretch marks, and healed scars may show. In addition, no piece of furniture can be produced from a single hide. These characteristics make leather unique and are not considered defective. Natural color changes, exposure to extreme temperature changes and direct sunlight may cause color changes and/or surface damage. Over time, leather will naturally develop a patina and a softer, more supple feel, adding to its comfort and character.
- Our leathers are both pigment- and aniline-dyed for softness, beauty, and durability.
- The word aniline is an industry term for transparent dyes that are used to color hides. This process penetrates the leather, dyeing it with non-toxic transparent dyes, which allows the leather’s natural markings to remain visible. The markings and color shadings in aniline leather distinguishes genuine leather from man-made materials like vinyl. Pigment Dyeing: After aniline dyeing, the outside surface of the leather is coated with a pigmented resin, and then a subsequent clear-coating for durability. These layers of pigment and wax are gently buffed to bring out subtle highlights and lowlights.
General leather care:
- Minor scratches such as fingernail scratches or light scuffs may cause a slight mark without truly damaging the leather. Start by using a chamois or your fingers to gently buff minor scratches or scuffs on the surface. If the piece is aniline leather, use a low-temperature hair dryer over the leather to warm it up, rubbing the surface with your hand after it’s warmed. Sometimes this is enough to correct minor scuffs and scratches.
Fixtures should only require a light dusting to stay beautiful. If you find yourself needing to clean your fixture, use only the mildest soaps, softest cloths and gentle pressure.
By the nature of the natural material of concrete, extra care is needed to maintain its beauty. Wipe spills immediately to avoid staining. Do not use commercial cleaners not intended for concrete. Use a breathable cover to protect against elements when not in use.
Concrete is a natural material, porous in nature. Maintain care for your piece by wiping spills immediately, avoid cleaners not intended for concrete; use a breathable cover during inclement weather.
Orders & Shipping
Unfortunately, once an order is shipped, we are unable to combine shipments, or add to existing orders.
Returns or exchanges are not accepted for custom orders, throws, pillow covers, bedding, books, rug pads, fabric, inserts and pieces that are no longer in their original packaging.
Ben Soleimani Gift Cards may only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible Ben Soleimani merchandise, either online or by phone at (888) 216-4277.
Your Gift Card cannot be applied to previous purchases or used to purchase other Gift Cards. Gift Cards cannot be returned, refunded, reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. For balance inquiry, call us at (888) 216-4277 or contact a sales associate.
The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission of the Gift Card to the purchaser or designated recipient, or our delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or destroyed Gift Cards, or Gift Cards not purchased directly from Ben Soleimani. A lost or stolen Gift Card cannot be replaced without presentation of an original receipt and will only be replaced in the amount of the value shown in our records at the time of the request.
We reserve the right to void Gift Cards, close customer accounts, and bill alternative forms of payment if we suspect that a Gift Card is obtained or used fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of these terms and conditions.
Purchase, acceptance, or use of Gift Cards constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Rug Care Recommendations
Once you receive and unroll your rug, there may be natural creases and variations from the shipping journey. We suggest you allow your rug to settle in order for the fibers to regain their natural shape. Vacuuming the rug can help expedite this process; use a suction vacuum with no bristles.
When you receive your Ben Soleimani rug, it may shed, which is acceptable for artisanal rugs, this is known as fluff. Fluff is created from excess fibers from the spinning process. This is not a sign of poor quality. We recommend vacuuming until the fluffing ceases. If you are able to control the power of your vacuum cleaner, ensure that it is on the lowest setting. Do not use a cleaner head with teeth, as this will damage the rug. We recommend suction-only vacuums to lessen the possibility of damage to the fringe.
We use the natural color striation of the fibers to create design and texture. The striated yarns may appear as subtle uneven textures or variation in color. A Ben Soleimani rug is designed with texture which incorporates yarns that vary in color and thickness. We use the striation of natural fibers to create rich textured which makes each rug one-of-a-kind.
Fading is a natural occurrence to any item exposed to the sun. The best way to avoid uneven fading is to rotate the rug every 3 months, this will also help the rug to wear evenly.
If a thread becomes loose in your rug, do not pull it. Carefully cut it with sharp scissors. This will not damage the rug.
Our Non-Performance Rugs are intended for indoor use only. To preserve the life of the rug we recommend avoiding direct exposure to sunlight, rotating your rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear, and the use of a rug pad. For hard to remove stains, please send rug out for professional cleaning. To store your rugs, please roll the rug front side out and place into airtight plastic bag and place in dry area.
Viscose rugs should never be self treated and require the services of professional cleaners.
Our Performance Rugs are designed with the look and feel of a natural wool rug. We incorporate man-made yarns in the construction which resist spills and moisture. To preserve the life of the rug we recommend that you use an outdoor rug pad, please avoid standing water, remove spills immediately with a clean, damp cloth, and during extreme weather and winter months please store. For smaller spots, chlorine bleach can be used if diluted correctly: Use a solution of one-part bleach to three-parts water. Rinse thoroughly. Note that chlorine bleach is recommended only for Ben Soleimani Performance Rugs; avoid the use of bleach on all other types of Ben Soleimani rugs. For larger and harder to remove stains, please send out for professional cleaning. Ben Soleimani is not responsible for services or cleaning done by a third-party company. To store your rugs, please roll the rug front side out, place it into an airtight plastic bag, and place in a dry area. Never fold your Ben Soleimani rug.
Rug Design and Buying Tips
Please take a look at our rug size guide for helpful tips on choosing the right size rug for your room.
Although the highest standards of quality are met for our rugs, different rugs hold up better in different situations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to help you make the right purchase.
Yes. We offer rug swatches for all styles and colors of rugs. Our swatches will closely represent the full-size carpet for color and quality. Swatches should be used for quality, and all over color reference. Because of the handmade nature of our products, variations should be expected.
Due to the handmade nature of our product, variations in size should be expected within a few inches.
Once you have reviewed your rug swatch, you have 30 days from date of receipt to return your swatches for a full refund. Please note the customer is responsible for return shipping. Click the “Order Swatch” link next to the “Add to Cart” button to order a swatch today.